Sony Alpha FX3 ILME-FX3 is a full-frame Cinema Line Camera that can shoot up to 4K @ 120fps. If you ever wanted to have a Sony A7SM3 in a cinema line camera body, FX3 is just the right one for you. It features the same sensor, and according to many review videos online, has the same ISO performance as well as dynamic range as the A7S M3 model.
One thing you can find in the Sony ILME-FX3, but not in the A7SM3 is the presence of S-Cinetone color. However, according to new reports online, Sony will be pushing a firmware update to enable this feature in the A7S models as well.
From the manufacturer: Sony’s FX3 Cinema Line camera brings the visions of passionate content creators to life. Cinematic expression is matched with reliable performance and streamlined operation to serve the needs of today’s creative community. Compact and lightweight, it’s easy to carry and handle.
Sony Alpha FX3 ILME-FX3 Specs and Features
- 12MP sensor ( same as A7SM3 )
- E-mount camera
- Full frame
- Exmor R CMOS sensor
- BIONZ XR image-processing engine
- 4K (QFHD) high-frame-rate 120fps recording support
- S-Cinetone support
- ISO 80–102400 equivalent ( up to ISO 409600 in expanded mode )
- Dual CFexpress Type A / SD card slots
- 3.0 inch 1.44M dots Vari-angle LCD touch-panel monitor
- XLR adaptor and digital input for quality audio
- Uninterrupted 4K/60p
- Silent cooling fan ( not available on A7S series )
- six customizable buttons
- multiple screw holes on the body and handle
- Front and rear tally lamps
- In-camera image stabilization ( Catalyst Browse supported )
- 7 AF Transition Speed settings
- 5 AF Subject Shift Sensitivity settings
- Real-time Eye AF
- 4K internal recording ( 10-bit depth / 4:2:2 color )
- 16-bit RAW HDMI output
- 10-bit S-Log3
- HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma)
As an Amazon associate, i earn from qualifying purchases.