PENTAX has launched the K-3 Mark III DSLR camera in the US online. It has a launch selling price of $2,199.95 ( body only ) and is now available to pre-order online from Amazon US ( check here ). This item will be released on April 29, 2021.
June 2021 Price on Amazon US: $1,996.
PENTAX K-3 Mark III is probably the last flagship APS-C DSLR Camera we can expect from a big camera manufacturer. It features a new 25.7MP BSI CMOS sensor that supports an ISO range of 100 to 1600000. Pentax has equipped this camera with 5-axis sensor-shift shake reduction image stabilization offering up to 5.5 stops.
This DSLR camera comes with Dual SD Card Slots. It can take SD, SDHC and SDXC Memory Cards with UHS-1/UHS-II speeds. However, only SD1 slot supports UHS-II speed. You can save to both cards or use one card to save raw images and the other for storing jpegs.
PENTAX K-3 Mark III features a Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder offering approx 100% field of view and approx. 1.05X magnification. It can shoot up to 12 images per second in AF-S mode and up to 11 images in AF-C mode. Pentax has equipped this model with SAFOX 13 AF system with 101 focus points. The older PENTAX K-3 II only had 27 focus points – so a big jump in this area.
As an Amazon associate, i earn from qualifying purchases.
PENTAX K-3 Mark III DSLR Specifications
- Mount: PENTAX KAF2 bayonet mount
- Sensor: Approx. 25.73 megapixels Effective Pixels / Approx. 26.78 megapixels Total pixels
- ISO range: 100 to 1600000
- File format: RAW (PEF/DNG 14-bit), JPEG (Exif 2.3)
- Image stabilizer: Sensor-shift shake reduction “SR II”(5-axis) offering 5.5 shutter steps
- Dual SD Card Slots ( only 1 supports UHS-II )
- Viewfinder: Pentaprism Optical Finder ( Approx. 100% coverage )
- LCD monitor: 3.2 inch TFT color LCD ( 1620K dots / touch support )
- Auto-focus: SAFOX 13, 101 points (25 cross-type focus points)
- AF Modes: Single AF (AF.S), Continuous AF (AF.C)
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 to 30 sec.
- Video recording: 4K @ 30p/24p
- Battery: Lithium-ion Battery D-LI90
- Battery Usage: Approx. 800 images
- Data transfer: USB 3.2 Gen1 USB Type-C
- Wireless: IEEE 802.11b/g/n ( WPA2 authentication ) / Bluetooth 4.2
- Other features: Focus Peaking, Face detection, Touch AF
- Weight: Approx. 735g
Specs Source: Pentax
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.