Olympus has launched M.ZUIKO 8-25MM PRO lens in the US online. It has a launch price tag of $1,099.99 USD. This Pro lens is now available to pre-order online from Amazon US. According to the listing, it will be released on July 9, 2021.
Olympus M.ZUIKO 8-25MM is a constant F4.0 aperture lens coming under the Pro line-up. It weighs 411g and offers a full-frame equivalent focal length of 16-50mm making it a great walk-around lens for a micro four-thirds camera.
This has 16 elements in 10 groups lens construction with a few special lenses inside ( 1 DSA lens, 2 Aspherical ED lenses, 1 Super ED lens, 1 ED lens, 1 Super HR lens, 1 HR lens, 1 HD lens ).
This has a 7 bladed aperture. The max aperture it can open to is F4.0 and can be stopped down to F22 if needed. The closest focusing distance this lens can achieve is 0.23m and it takes 72mm filters.
Olympus has given this lens a IPX1 rating – which we rarely see on camera lenses. When used with a Olympus splashproof Body, this lens is Dust & Drip Proof.
As an Amazon associate, i earn from qualifying purchases.
Olympus M.ZUIKO 8-25MM PRO Specifications
- Focal length: 8-25mm ( 16-50mm Full frame equivalent )
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 10 groups
- Special lenses: 1 DSA lens, 2 Aspherical ED lenses, 1 Super ED lens, 1 ED lens, 1 Super HR lens, 1 HR lens, 1 HD lens
- Auto-focus: High-speed Imager AF (MSC)
- Closest focusing distance: 0.23m ( all focal length )
- Aperture: F4.0 – F22 ( 7 bladed aperture )
- Filter size: 72 mm
- Weight: 411g
- In the box: LC-72C Lens Cap, LR-2 Lens Rear Cap, LH-76E Lens Hood, CS-53 Wrapping Cloth