Nikon has launched NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S lens in the US online. It has a launch price tag of $999.95 and is now available to pre-order from Amazon US ( check here ). This item will be released and ship to customers on June 30, 2021.
NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S is the first Macro lens from the Nikon for its Z series Mirrorless cameras. It is part of the NIKKOR Z S-line of lenses. Nikon has also announced NIKKOR Z MC 50mm f/2.8 lens along with this and has confirmed 28mm F2.8 and 40mm F2 prime lenses for Z-mount are coming later this year.
The NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 VR S has a minimum focus distance of 0.29m and offers a maximum reproduction ratio of 1.0. Nikon uses one aspherical lens element and three ED glass elements in the construction of this lens ensuring suppression of chromatic aberration.
This lens uses a new stepping motor (STM) made specially for this lens and comes with a multi-focusing system offering fast and precise AF performance. For greater stability, this lens has vibration reduction (VR) mechanism offering up to 4.5-stops. Nikon is using Nano Crystal Coat and ARNEO Coats to reduce Ghost and flare offering better overall image quality.
NIKKOR Z MC 105mm f/2.8 Specs and Features
- Z-mount macro lens
- Full 1:1 reproduction ratio
- 4.5 stop Vibration Reduction
- Multi-focus system
- Max F2.8 aperture
- Min f/32 aperture
- Min focus distance: 0.29 m/0.96 ft from focal plane
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 11 groups ( including 3 ED glass elements, 1 aspherical lens element )
- Aperture opening: 9 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Weight: 630 g
- Accessories in the box: LC-62B Lens Cap (front cap), LF-N1 Lens Cap (rear cap), HB-99 Lens Hood, CL-C2 Lens Case
As an Amazon associate, i earn from qualifying purchases.