Pansonic has launched Lumix S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 Macro lens ( S-R70300 ) for the L-mount system. It has a pre-order price of $997.99 and an MSRP price of $1249 in the US. It is now available to pre-order online from Amazon ( check here ). According to the listing, it will ship to customers on April 18, 2021.
Panasonic LUMIX S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 MACRO O.I.S. (S-R70300) is a medium telephoto zoom lens made for L-mount cameras like the LUMIX S Series cameras. It uses 17 lens elements in 11 groups including one ultra extra-low dispersion ( UED ), two extra-low dispersion lenses ( ED ), and one ultra-high refractive index lens (UHR) element for better quality images.
For better bokeh, Panasonic has made this lens with an 11-bladed iris, offering a circular aperture. This lens has an excellent close focusing capability for better closeup and macro photography. It can achieve a maximum magnification of 0.5x (at 300mm). With lens image stabilization on, you can get up to 5.5 stops of slower shutter speed which will come in handy when you are in low light scenarios.
Panasonic LUMIX S 70-300mm S-R70300 Lens Specs and Features
- Mount: L-mount
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 11 groups (2 ED lenses, 1 UED lens, 1 UHR lens)
- Built-in O.I.S with 5-Axis Dual I.S 2 Compatibility
- Focal length: 70-300mm ( Full Frame )
- Max aperture: F4.5 (Wide) – F5.6 (Tele)
- Min aperture: F22
- Aperture Type: Circular – 11 diaphragm blades
- Closest focal length zoomed out at 70mm: 0.54m/1.77ft
- Closest focal length zoomed in at 300mm: 0.74m/2.43ft
- Max magnification at 300mm: 0.5x
- Dust and Splash Resistant
- 77mm Filter size
- Weight: 790g
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.