Garmin has launched Forerunner 945 LTE in the US online. It has a launch price of $649.99 and is now available to pre-order online from Amazon US. This item will be released and ship to customers on June 2, 2021.
You can buy Garmin Forerunner 945 LTE in two color options – Black and Whitestone.
Garmin Forerunner 945 LTE is a premium GPS Running / Triathlon Smartwatch with LTE Connectivity. If connected to a Category M1 LTE network and with an active subscription plan, you can get features like LiveTrack and Assistance Plus without needing your smartwatch connected to your smartphone.
Using the Assistant Plus, the watch can send your name and location to the Garmin IERCC, which can contact emergency services to provide assistance. The LiveTrack feature lets you share your real-time location with your friends and family.
Garmin has equipped this model with Garmin Pay contactless payments support so that you can make payments on the move. You also get a Full-color onboard mapping that helps you find and follow the best route.
On a full charge, you can get up to 2 weeks of battery backup if used in Smartwatch mode. However, if you use it with GPS on, you get around 12 hours. With LTE LiveTrack On, you can only get up to 7 hours of usage.
Garmin Forerunner 945 LTE Features
- LTE connectivity ( Category M1 LTE network )
- Safety and Tracking features like LiveTrack and Assistance Plus supported
- Garmin Pay contactless payments support
- Full-color, onboard maps
- Battery life: up to 2 weeks of battery life in smartwatch mode, 12 hours in GPS, 7 hours in LTE LiveTrack
- Garmin Coach – free adaptive training plans
- Daily suggested workouts
- Spectator Messaging
- Corning Gorilla Glass DX
- 240 x 240 pixels display resolution ( sunlight-visible )
- 5 ATM water resistance
- Wrist-based heart rate monitoring
- Smart notifications
- Smartphone compatibility: Apple iPhone / Android
As an Amazon associate, i earn from qualifying purchases.