Panasonic has launched LEICA DG SUMMILUX 9mm / F1.7 ASPH. H-X09 Micro Four Thirds Lens in the US online. It costs USD 499.99 and is now listed for pre-order online on Amazon US, B&H Photo etc. Check out the current pricing and availability here ( Amazon affiliate link ).
The new Panasonic LEICA DG SUMMILUX 9mm / F1.7 ASPH. H-X09 is a compact lens made for Micro four thirds systems like Panasonic GH5, GH6, etc, and offers wider-angle flexibility, bright aperture, and macro capability.
It is 9mm wide, which is gives an 18mm focal length in a 35mm camera. It takes 55mm filters and offers half life-size macro photography ( Maximum magnification of 0.5x ). This lens has a Dust, splash and freeze-resistant design that will let you use it in challenging outdoor conditions without much worry.
The lens offers fast, accurate autofocus and smooth aperture changes offering better 4K recording using Panasonic Micro Four Thirds cameras. H-X09 lens construction consists of 12 elements in 9 groups, including 2 ASPH lenses, 2 ED lenses and 1 UHR lenses to minimize aberrations and ensure good resolution.
As an Amazon associate, i earn from qualifying purchases.
Panasonic LEICA DG SUMMILUX 9mm / F1.7 ASPH. H-X09 Technical Details
- Focal length: 9mm (35mm camera equivalent 18mm).
- Lens Construction: 12 elements in 9 groups (2 aspherical lenses, 2 ED lenses, 1 UHR lens).
- Aperture Type: 7 diaphragm blades / Circular aperture diaphragm
- Maximum Aperture: F1.7
- Minimum Aperture: F16
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.095m / 0.31ft
- Maximum Magnification: 0.25x / 0.5x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Dust and Splash Resistant: Yes
- Filter size: φ55mm
- Weight: 130g / 0.29lb (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)
- Accessories: Lens cap, Lens rear cap, Lens hood