Sony has launched FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II (SEL2470GM2) lens online in the US. It costs $2,299.99 USD and is now available to pre-order online from Amazon US. Check out the current pricing and availability here ( Amazon affiliate link ).
Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II (SEL2470GM2) lens is the successor to the first-gen 24-70mm F2.8 GM lens ( SEL2470GM ) launched a while back. It has an F2.8 aperture throughout its zoom range and offers improved focusing and image quality. According to Sony, SEL2470GM2 is the Smallest and lightest F2.8 24-70mm zoom in its class.
Sony has equipped the new 24-70mm F2.8 GM II lens with Four XD Linear Motors and floating focus to achieve fast, precise, and quiet Autofocus. The minimum focusing distance at 24mm is 8.3 inches. At the 70mm zoom end, the min focus distance increase to 11.8 inches.
Sony has equipped this new lens with a new feature called zoom smoothness switch which let you adjust the stiffness of the zoom ring. You also get Two customizable focus hold buttons, an Aperture ring, a click/de-click switch, and an iris lock.
Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II (SEL2470GM2) weighs 695g which is approx. 200g lighter than the first-gen lens. Sony ships this with a Petal-shaped, bayonet mount lens hood with a filter control window to let you easily adjust the attached filter like a polarizer easily. Check out the detailed specs and features below.
- Model name: SEL2470GM2
- Lens mount: Sony E-mount
- Lens made for: 35mm Full frame
- 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C): 36-105mm
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 20 groups
- Max aperture: F2.8 ( throughout the zoom range )
- Min aperture: F22
- No of Aperture blades: 11 ( circular )
- Minimum focus distance: 0.21m(W)-0.3m(T) / 0.69ft(W)-0.99ft(T)
- ED/Super ED glass (elements): 2x ED, 2x Super ED
- Lens coating: Nano AR Coating II
- AF actuator: XD Linear Motor
- Weight: 695g
- US Price: $2,299.99