Fujifilm GFX50S II is here. It is currently the cheapest Medium Format Camera you can buy for your Digital photography needs. In the US, the launch price for this model is $3,999.95 ( Sep 2021 ). You can also buy this with the new GF35-70mmF4.5-5.6 WR lens at a price of $4,499.95. Both these are now available to pre-order online in the US from Amazon.com. Check here for the current pricing and availability.
Fujifilm GFX50S II is the first Medium Format Camera from Fujifilm to have in-body stabilization. While the older first-gen GFX50S camera with a removable viewfinder, the Mark 2 model has a fixed, non-removable one. This viewfinder offers 0.77x magnification which is slightly less than the first-generation model, which has 0.85x magnification. Even though GFX50S II has a large megapixel sensor, it can’t shoot 4K videos unlike it’s more expensive GFX 100S.
Fujifilm GFX50S II features a 51.4 million pixels CMOS sensor ( 43.8mm×32.9mm Bayer array with primary color filter ) and takes FUJIFILM G mount lenses. For image processing, it has got X-Processor 4 Processing Engine. It features an image sensor shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation offering up to 6.5 stops correction ( tested with With GF63mmF2.8 R WR lens mounted ).
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fujifilm GFX50S II Specs and Features
- Lens mount: FUJIFILM G mount
- Image sensor: 51.4 MP ( 43.8mm×32.9mm Bayer array with primary color filter )
- Image Processing Engine: X-Processor 4
- Image stabilization: Image sensor shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation ( 6.5 stops )
- Shutter type: Focal Plane Shutter
- Bracketing modes: Pixel Shift Multi Shot, Multiple Exposure, Focus Bracketing, White Balance Bracketing, ISO sensitivity Bracketing, Dynamic Range Bracketing, Filmsimulation bracketing, AE Bracketing
- EVF: 0.5 inch OLED Color Viewfinder ( Approx. 3.69 million dots, 0.77x magnification with 50mm Lens )
- LCD Monitor: 3.2 inch Tilt-Type ( Touch Screen, 4:3, 2.36 million dots )
- Video recording: Full HD 1920×1080 pixels
- Film simulation mode: 19 modes ( including Nostalgic Neg and Eterna Bleach Bypass film )
- Ports: USB Type-C (USB3.2 Gen1x1), HDMI Micro connector (Type D), 3.5mm, stereo mini connector (Microphone), 3.5mm, stereo mini connector (Headphone), 2.5mm, Remote Release Connector, Synchronized terninal
- Battery: NP-W235 Li-ion ( Approx. 455 shots )