Sony has launched a new wireless microphone aimed at Vloggers. Sony ECMW2BT has a launch price tag of $229.99 in the US. It is now available to pre-order online from Amazon US ( check here ).
Sony ECMW2BT features an omnidirectional mic capsule that helps you to pick up voice clearly wherever it’s coming from. You can pair this wireless mic with any Sony camera that supports a Digital Audio Interface via a Multi-Interface (MI) Shoe.
It has an attenuator function switch that lets you adjust recording levels ( 0dB, 10dB, 20dB ) to get the best audio out. Sony ECMW2BT ships with a wind screen which you can attach to it to get a cleaner recording with less wind noise when shooting outside.
Sony uses Qualcomm aptX Low Latency Bluetooth codec to transmit between the microphone and receiver units ensuring low latency and good audio quality. According to official specs, you can get up to 600 ft connectivity in locations with fewer obstacles.
Sony ECMW2BT wireless mic Features
- Compact, lightweight design
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Cable-free digital transmission
- High-quality audio transmission using Qualcomm aptX Low Latency Bluetooth codec
- Attenuator function
- Windscreen included
- Dust and moisture resistant design
- Record wirelessly for up to 9 hours
- Up to 600 ft (200 m) in locations with good visibility
- 3.5-mm stereo mini-jack
- Display lamps
- Connector protect holder ( doubles as a mic stand )
- The receiver unit also has an internal mic
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.